Why not hold a contest there to encourage artists to use their mobile phone as a photographic tool?
I contacted a deviant friend of mine who I know is into the same thing and asked if he wanted to help out, `straightfromcamera founder of the group.
He threw in some more points, offered to help judge, and said he'd feature the winner.
So here we go.
- Photos MUST be taken with a mobile phone.
- Photos must be of the street or street portraiture genres
- in-line/real-time photo processing is allowable, such as shooting through Hipstamatic for iPhone or retroCamera for Android. Post-processing is NOT allowed.
- Photos can be taken between now and March 31
- Please include all relevant information, such as phone model and imaging software used
Winners will recieve:
Current prizes courtesy of `straightfromcamera, `bQw and =EricForFriends. If you are interested in donating a prize, please contact `bQw.
To Enter, submit your mobile phone images to the "Contest 250" folder in the #MobileStreet group. You must be a member to submit.
You can see examples of mobile phone street photography in both the and galleries. I also have a personal collection going on my blog here: www.photojazz.ws/2011/02/mobil… .